March 2020 Schedule Changes (Mar. 15-20):
“On Not Locking Down in the Lockdown (and How to Do Yoga with Dana this week)”
**SCROLL DOWN FOR INFORMATION ON THIS WEEK’S ONLINE CLASSES**
While you may be on lockdown, self-quarantine, social isolation, or other form of distancing in order to protect yourself and those around you, I encourage you to notice…
…How you are in your body, right now?
Can you check….
…Is your spine free to move?
…Are your hips free to move?
…Are your legs free to move?
…Is your ribcage free to move?
…Are your arms free to move?
…Is your head free to move?
…Is your breath free to move?
Are you holding yourself? Are you bracing? Narrowing? Pulling in? Are you resisting anyplace in your physical body?
If so, what can you do to find some freedom and ease?
Please pay gentle, close, and regular attention to how you carry the current situation in your bones and tissues, in addition to your mind. Check in, get up, move about.
‘Lockdown’ should not mean that we cannot move our bodies freely.
It means we need to be even more committed to ourselves as moving beings!
With that in mind, I am sad to announce that in-person classes are suspended for this week.
In the meantime, I am offering free sessions this week by Zoom. FREE!
It’s pretty easy.
Here’s all you need to do:
1. E-mail me to reserve your place through the “Mail Me!” link below, or at email@example.com
2. Put it in your calendar, so you don’t forget.
3. Download the “Zoom” app on your device.
4. Prepare a practice space with a chair and a wall (this week’s sessions will require no extra props, to make it easy.)
5. Check your e-mail for the Zoom meeting link an hour prior to the session. (Check your spam folder if it’s not in your inbox.)
6. Set up a device (iPhone, iPad, computer) in a place where you can easily see the screen, and adjacent to your practice space. Make sure your internet is working.
7. At the time of the session, click the Zoom link, and join us for class!
Here’s the schedule:
▪ “Basic Asana & Mindfulness Practice with Dana” (45 min.) on Monday, March 16 and Wednesday, March 18 at 9:15 am (You will need a chair, a wall, and a mat if you have one. No mat, no problem.)
▪ Thursday, March 17 at 10am,“Basic Asana Practice” session online through Inbody Academy. (Details are coming – I believe it will be a Facebook Live event, so you may need Facebook to view it. I will update you on that as things become clearer.)
▪ “Intermediate Asana & Pranayama with Dana” on Friday, March 20 at 9:15am (75 min) You will need a mat, a belt, a blanket or large beach towel, and two blocks.
This is not the time to take a “yoga holiday”. Not only do you need to move to keep yourself mobile and your spirits up, but we need each other, our community!
As the week progresses, I will decide how to handle next week’s classes, and will be in communication through this blog, my newsletter, on my website, and on Facebook and Instagram.
If you are a private student, please contact me and let me know how I can be of service at this time. I am happy to offer Zoom sessions with you as well.
Please reach out to me with your questions, requests, concerns, and support. I care deeply about each of you – clients, colleagues, students, and friends – and would like to continue working with you even if we cannot meet in person!
Suspended Classes, in a Nutshell:
The following in-person classes and events are cancelled at this time (see above for online options).
▪ Monday, 9:15am “All Levels” at Mindful
▪ Wednesday, 10am “All Levels” at Mindful
▪ Thursday, 10am “Intermediate Asana + Props” at Inbody
▪ Friday, 9:15am “Intermediate/Advanced Asana” at Mindful
▪ “Yoga Therapy for Stressed-out Shoulders”, originally scheduled for Tuesday, Mar. 17
▪ “Embodied Restorative Yoga”, originally scheduled for Friday, March 20
▪ “Spring Restorative Yoga and Sound Bath Journey” originally scheduled for April 4
“Yumiko in SLC Body Resonance Workshop” is still under consideration, and decision will be announced in coming weeks.
In light of current conditions, I am happy to be of service for your yoga and movement therapy needs through online learning platforms, and I look forward to working with you in person in the future!
Please stay in touch, and reach out as needed.