Halloween is just around the corner, and November looms large. Skiers are looking for the first powder day, bikers are making their cold-season plans, hikers are polishing their snowshoes in anticipation. Yet, the air remains a tad warm, and the sun still warms our faces in midday. How I love the changing of the seasons in Utah, and all there is to delight in!
As November arrives, a few reminders:
- Register for the Nov. 13 (Sunday) Snowbird Experiential Retreat from 1-4pm. Info and registration link (this retreat is sponsored by the University of Utah Lifelong Learning Program) appear on the “Events & Workshops” page.
- Saturday classes are ON for Nov. 5, 12, and 19, but there’s NO CLASS on NOV. 26! Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend.
- Speaking of Thanksgiving….any subs or cancellations during the holiday week (Weds., Nov. 23 and Fri., Nov. 25 will be announced right here, so keep checking back!
- Peering into December (!), Leslie Howard’s workshops at Mindful Yoga Collective will be held on Dec. 3 & 4. Please register soon–spaces are going fast! More details and registration info available here, on the Mindful website. Leslie is a fantastic, experienced, knowledgeable teacher who can make you comfortable with uncomfortable topics, and let you laugh while you’re being enlightened! The workshops are:
- “Pelvic Floor Workshop” (women only) is Saturday & Sunday, 9-12 am
- “Cranky Hips & the Lower Back Blues” (open to all) is Saturday, 2-4pm
- I’m currently developing some sweet prop workshops. Chairs, belts, blocks…stay tuned!
Looking forward to seeing you at the studio, around town, or on the trail!