PAUL LINDEN in Salt Lake City, September 13-16, 2019
September 13 (Friday), 6-8pm: “Introduction to Being in Movement®” Lecture
September 14-16 (Saturday, Sunday and Monday), 9am-5pm each day: “Three Days with Paul Linden” Workshop
Paul Linden, Ph.D., founder of Being in Movement® MindBody Training, is a specialist in body and movement awareness education. His work focuses on the interplay between self-awareness and effective action. Paul’s intelligent, effective, groundbreaking methods are being used throughout the world in the fields of embodied peacemaking, conflict resolution, and trauma and abuse recovery.
- Join the lecture on Friday, September 13, 6-8pm, for an experiential taste of Being in Movement®. Held at Inbody Academy, 1597 S. 1100 E., Salt Lake City, UT, from 6-8pm, this is a donation-based introduction to BIM. Register by contacting Dana here or below, through the Inbody Academy online reservations system, or simply arrive prior to the start of the lecture. If you’d like to then register for “Three Days with Paul Linden”, you will be able to do so after the lecture.
- Join the three-day training to dive deep into the world of Being in Movement®. The training begins with basic principles for self-awareness based on Paul’s work, and continue to expand into more complex skills. Paul’s teaching methods are a distillation of his 50 years of work, and are effective, body-based methods for building skills that take years to cultivate otherwise. You will be able to immediately apply your learning from this workshop in all areas of your life. If you have a body, this workshop is for you! Workshop will be held at Inbody Academy, 9am-5pm each day with a 2-hour lunch break. $360 early bird/$425 after Aug. 15. Register below!
Three-Day Workshop will include the following:
- Introduction to Being in Movement® and Basic Principles
- Centering and Self-Regulation Skills: Stable Body, Balanced Mind
- Using Body Awareness Skills to Handle Conflict, Stress, and Trauma
- Effective Speaking and Seeing Skills: Developing Precision and Clarity in Communication and Observation
- How Intention Shapes Action
- Building Resilience and Avoiding Burnout
- Embodied Ethics: Being a Good Human
- And more….Paul always has something up his sleeve!
What is Being In Movement®, also known as BIM? BIM is a systematic way of linking structural/functional bodywork with psycho-spiritual change. The emphasis is on integrating power and compassion in the body as a foundation for effectiveness in daily life. Information available here!
Why Do I Recommend This Workshop? Paul teaches through movement experiences (movement riddles) that are effective, unforgettable and profound. The results and learning are immediate and palpable. Paul is a master at language and communication, with an empirical approach that cuts through any bullsh-t or misperception. His sense of humor engaged me, and underlies his work. Even when working on a profoundly challenging concept or practice, there is a lightness that makes it accessible. Paul doesn’t let you do anything halfway, and works directly with each student to ensure that they grasp the concept presented, no matter how challenging. Finally, having learned from Paul 25 years ago, I recognize the value of what I learned at that time, and realize that it underlies all of the work I do as a yoga therapist, teacher, teacher trainer, and, most especially, as a human being. To be embodied is to be alive, and able to engage fully in every situation, pleasant or unpleasant, comfortable or uncomfortable, desired or not. To win understanding of self is not easy; with Paul’s help, it’s not as difficult.
Is this workshop for me? “If you have a body, this workshop is for you….” You do not have to be a professional therapist, trainer, teacher, or involved in a related field; anyone can benefit from and immediately apply the skills from this workshop in life situations. *However, we do ask that, if you are currently undergoing treatment for trauma, you refrain from joining unless by express permission of the host, Dana, or from Paul. Contact me with questions through the form below.
About Paul Linden, Ph.D.: Paul Linden is the Chief Instructor and co-founder at the Centre for Columbus Center for Movement Studies/Aikido of Columbus in Columbus, Ohio, USA. He is a specialist in body and movement awareness education, and his work focuses on the interplay between self-exploration and effective action. Paul received his B.A. in Philosophy from Reed College and his Ph.D. in Physical Education from the Ohio State University. He is an instructor of the Feldenkrais Method® of body awareness education. He began Aikido practice in 1969, and he currently holds a sixth degree black belt in Aikido as well a first degree black belt in Karate. He is the developer of Being In Movement® mindbody training, the inventor of SpineLine® Bicycle Handlebars (patent #5,024,119), and the author of a number of books about applications of body awareness training in various areas of life. Paul has been a featured presenter at The Embodiment Conference, The Embodied Facilitator Course, Embodied Potential, and more, and has taught throughout the world. *Paul travels less these days, so don’t miss this opportunity to work with him in person.* For fun, Paul rides his bike, runs, practices Aikido, reads, practices organic gardening, and writes.
- Paul’s website for Being in Movement®. Many articles written by Paul are available here, both for free and for purchase.
- A special edition of the Aiki Extensions Newsletter about Paul and his work, which includes an interview with Paul as well as perspectives from students (including my husband, Zach Smith) from 2006.
- And please have a listen here to Mark Walsh’s wonderful interview with Paul on “The Embodiment Podcast”. The podcast is a great resource for all things embodied.
- “Embodied Peacemaking, Short Form”: This short article outlines basic methods for self-awareness using the BIM principles. A quick read with experiential practices. Try it!
- A video introduction to basic skills of BIM and embodied peacemaking.
Location: Inbody Yoga Academy, 1597 South 1100 East, Salt Lake City, UT.
*Participants from out-of-town: Dana is happy to advise on accommodations, sightseeing, etc. Please spend some time in this be-Utah-ful place before or after the workshops. Contact me.
REGISTRATION for Workshop (registration & payment required for attendance):
Early Bird Rate (before August 15, 2019): $360.00
Regular Rate (after August 15): $425.00
*If there you would like to attend the workshop, but have financial challenges, contact Dana below.*
- Payment in full required for participation in workshops. Your payment reserves your space.
- You may also pay by check, cash, or Venmo. Contact Dana for details, or use the contact form below.
- When you click the “Buy Now” link, you will be redirected to the Paypal page, where you can use your Paypal account, or check out without a PayPal account by scrolling down to the “Pay with debit or credit card” link.
- The payee will appear as “KIZUKI LLC”.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from “danaelevy(at)me.com” within 48 hours after your purchase. If you don’t receive a confirmation e-mail, please check your “Junk” mail folder, as it may have been diverted there.
- There are no refunds unless workshop is cancelled by organizer, so please be sure before finalizing your payment.
- Contact Dana here with any questions, or through the contact form, below.